The Consolations of Skepticism.
Supposition: there exists an all-powerful entity x (God), who causes and controls all natural events.
1. If x is an all-powerful God (G), x kills (K) thousands of innocents (by way of natural disasters, plagues, famines)
2. If (x) kills (K) thousands of innocents, then (x)is a mass-murderer and identical to Evil (E) (at least according to any commonly accepted legal or moral codes).
3, Thus, if x is God, then x is Evil
I think there would need to be a way to single out such a supposed omniscient entity (monotheistic too as Xtians/muslims/jews claim) x, perhaps like this: there exists an (x), such that x is God, and for any other (V) supposed entity y (thought also to be God), such an entity equals x. E(x) = "there exists": E(x)(Gx & V(y)( Gy -> y = x).
The universal ((x), for any x) is more suited to the hypothetical syllogism:
thus (x)(G(x) -> E(x))
Q. E. D.
- ► 2011 (249)
- ► 2010 (266)
- ► 2009 (184)
- ► 2008 (146)
- ► 2007 (154)
- ► 2006 (69)
- Falsification 101 and the Frauds of the Left This...
- Uncle Bertie Died for your Sins 'Do you think tha...
- Incommensurable realities: PK Dick and George Luca...
- Belle-lettrist The Lovely Chucky McLucky
- Reichmarshall Da Chief of AVC, Jackie Swischer
- The Consolations of Skepticism. Supposition: ther...
- Kern Boy in the Big To-mah-toe--Re-run (I poste...
- Kern Law's new motto Yee haw. At least los puer...
- ▼ May (8)
- ► 2004 (28)