Friday, August 26, 2011

Jobs resigns ....

from Crapple--

"""I have always said if ever the day came when I could no longer meet my duties and expectations as Apple's CEO, I would be among the first to let you know," Mr. Jobs said in his resignation letter. "Unfortunately, that day has come. I am as of this date now officially finished. There are various reasons for my decision, my friends. One, I've come to realize I am a fairly useless yet exceedingly wealthy pseudo-executive, with little or no software knowledge or technical ability or management skills. A team of high-powered investment people makes most of the my financial decisions. A guru makes my personal ones. An anachronism, if you will--though no one in the Apple community can ever doubt my contributions to certain graphical elements of the Apple line--such as the user friendly shapes and colors of Apple and Mac computers-- or the names. I named the "i-Mac", and all the i-products which followed--well, not the hardware or software, but the name itself: i. That's due to me. Wozniak and his propeller-heads built the other stuff, the techie gear. I've never been involved in that. Honestly I don't even know how to find the browser on the new SnowTiger OS-X-VIII or whatever the R & D people decided to call it.


The other reason I'm leaving --I've been diagnosed with medical and mental problems, and I can no longer keep this fact disclosed from the Apple community, or public at large. I am taking large daily doses of xanax, and an outpatient in a San Mateo mental health facility. My wife and friends had me institutionalized, actually, for which I am grateful. I have a nice, well-lighted room at the hospital, and an i-phone, music, and some pens and ink for my calligraphy work, and I plan to relax and meditate for a few years and finish my AA in Calligraphy, maybe take a BASIC class, and leave the details to others. " """



No comments:

Custom Search

Blog Archive