The Jacko the Chester Show
Another episode in the Cali cartoon court system comes to a close. We may not care for Jacko or his cheap pop product-- I don't-- but when putting Jacko's actions in context, you realize the conservative "media" (tho neo-cons continually proclaim it's the "liberal media") have in effect tarred and feathered the freak.
Minds more acute than mine might speculate on whether these show trials are some sort of duplicitous, deceptive right-wing stunt that keeps the plebes from contemplating, say, the sight of Iraqi cities turned to rubble and decorated with human hamburger. The show trial has become some group ritual akin to cyber-stoning, wherein the selected chi chi celeb is put on display for the excoriation process; the Cali court as much a prime-time Reality Show as it is a form of due process.
As any one who has spent some time in the hands of the Black Gown Gang realizes, justice is about as dependent on a judge's or prosecutor's hangover status--or his whore's "complicity" status--as it is on the Constitution. Indeed were some magic lantern available--the old Twilight Zone truth serum, say-- to reveal the presence of Chesterness among various human-primates, one suspects most Judges and prosecutors would rate "Certifiable Chester," if not "Canberra-bound."
- ► 2011 (249)
- ► 2010 (266)
- ► 2009 (184)
- ► 2008 (146)
- ► 2007 (154)
- ► 2006 (69)
- Quine's Two Dogmas of Empiricism Quine's Two Dogm...
- Economic equity and conservatism If conservatism ...
- Feds crack down on medical pot The Baronial Mast...
- Ay Laddy Contingencies is not usually one for t...
- On Power, Russell "The orthodox economists, as ...
- The Jacko the Chester Show Another episode in the...
- Prospect Theory 101 and the Irrational Man Standar...
- The McSynthetic A Priori and Fries please Here's ...
- ▼ June (8)
- ► 2004 (28)