B.O. representin' for old-time religion:
""""" Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama promised a more active approach to faith-based social programs on Tuesday in a bid to bolster his support among evangelical and religious voters.
Obama visited a community ministry in a conservative region of the election battleground state of Ohio to unveil a plan to reinvigorate faith-based community programs first pioneered by President George W. Bush.
The Illinois senator, who will face Republican John McCain in November's presidential election, said he would put more money and emphasis on strengthening the link between government and community faith programs.
"The fact is, the challenges we face today -- from saving our planet to ending poverty -- are simply too big for government to solve alone," Obama said. "We need an all-hands-on-deck approach."
McCain and Obama are gearing up for a pitched battle for evangelical support in November's election. Neither candidate has inspired strong enthusiasm in the religious community, normally a core Republican bloc. """""
Americuns will be asked to decide on their choice of protestant Rapture, links oder rechts: Obama, and Reverend Wright, Phleger, Rev. Oprah, Jackson, Sharpton etc. OR McCain, and Rev. Hagee, and the rest of the GOP biblethumpers-- Or the Contingencies write-in, Senor N.O.T.A. Halle-loo-jah (see HL Mencken's prognostications regarding a calvinist regime for details).
- ► 2011 (249)
- ► 2010 (266)
- ► 2009 (184)
- Dykes on Karl Popper (update) Contingencies anno...
- Reverend Obama, continued. From Yahoo news: """...
- Barack Obama's homie, David Brooks Alex Cockburn...
- Oratory of Power In architecture the pride of ma...
- Buchanan's thesis Pat Buchanan--not one of Contin...
- Freeman Dyson on The Dogma of Global Warming Ah ...
- "All America is an asylum."" Ez in da house ("wi...
- Evangelicals, Inc. B.O. representin' for old-tim...
- ▼ July (8)
- ► 2007 (154)
- ► 2006 (69)
- ► 2005 (57)
- ► 2004 (28)