Freeman Dyson on The Dogma of Global Warming
Ah some clear-headed thinking from Doc Dyson guaran-f-n-teed to irk the faithful of the Church of Al-Gore-in-the-Field:
"""My first heresy says that all the fuss about global warming is grossly exaggerated. Here I am opposing the holy brotherhood of climate model experts and the crowd of deluded citizens who believe the numbers predicted by the computer models. Of course, they say, I have no degree in meteorology and I am therefore not qualified to speak. But I have studied the climate models and I know what they can do. The models solve the equations of fluid dynamics, and they do a very good job of describing the fluid motions of the atmosphere and the oceans. They do a very poor job of describing the clouds, the dust, the chemistry and the biology of fields and farms and forests. They do not begin to describe the real world that we live in. The real world is muddy and messy and full of things that we do not yet understand. It is much easier for a scientist to sit in an air-conditioned building and run computer models, than to put on winter clothes and measure what is really happening outside in the swamps and the clouds. That is why the climate model experts end up believing their own models."""""
- ► 2011 (249)
- ► 2010 (266)
- ► 2009 (184)
- Dykes on Karl Popper (update) Contingencies anno...
- Reverend Obama, continued. From Yahoo news: """...
- Barack Obama's homie, David Brooks Alex Cockburn...
- Oratory of Power In architecture the pride of ma...
- Buchanan's thesis Pat Buchanan--not one of Contin...
- Freeman Dyson on The Dogma of Global Warming Ah ...
- "All America is an asylum."" Ez in da house ("wi...
- Evangelicals, Inc. B.O. representin' for old-tim...
- ▼ July (8)
- ► 2007 (154)
- ► 2006 (69)
- ► 2005 (57)
- ► 2004 (28)