Babushka gang infiltrating tennis
McEnroe knows the score on the wicked ways of Babushka, Inc.:
"""US tennis legend John McEnroe expressed his concern on Friday that organised crime, such as the Russian mafia, could be infiltrating tennis.
The former world number one believes that threats to tennis players or their families could be forcing them into throwing matches.
"The thing that worries me is that mafia types, like the Russian mafia, could be involved. That's potentially pretty dark and scary," McEnroe told The Daily Telegraph."""""
McEnroe's probably understating the case; and mafia involvement in pro schports extends quite beyond tennis bimbos or golf (the country clubs of America are themselves now where the modern, multicultural mobsters and their mollies hang). Contingencies will, time permitting, don the muckraker fedora, and begin a new series of posts dealing with the Mob and pro sports.
- ► 2011 (249)
- ► 2010 (266)
- ► 2009 (184)
- A.C. Grayling """"Religious belief of all kinds...
- Babushka gang infiltrating tennis McEnroe knows t...
- Ah ye olde RepublicanGangstasForObama.com.
- Give War a Chance Christopher Hitchens reflects ...
- Buch-Brennen Bertrand Russell once made an inter...
- Righteously Indignant Whackjobs The NSA tracki...
- BellumOmniumContraOmnes.com A fairly well-known x...
- Stop the REAL ID The E.F.F.site features some im...
- Hacker vs Quine Oxford gent jacks the corpse of ...
- Obama Craze Matt Gonzalez, one of Counterpunch's ...
- Futurity "Future, n. That period of time in whic...
- ▼ March (11)
- ► 2007 (154)
- ► 2006 (69)
- ► 2005 (57)
- ► 2004 (28)