Barack Obama: I've chosen La Gran Puta de Babilon to help find a VEEP
The Kantian gambit: "Skepticism, in a word, is not a resting place; it is a propaedeutic. It has a cathartic function: It purges the mind of delusions of grandeur; it brings men down from the clouds and sets them firmly on their feet ... Far from inhibiting action, it frees men from the metaphysical mazes in which they have been wandering and enables them to contemplate w/out distress 'the whimsical condition of mankind, who must act and reason and believe; though they are not able, by their most diligent enquiry, to satisfy themselves concerning the foundation of these operations, or to remove the objections, which may be raised against them..."
Friday, June 06, 2008
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
- ► 2011 (249)
- ► 2010 (266)
- ► 2009 (184)
- Kant's 3rd Few people who have made it through Kan...
- Prevarication, Kossack styleMany Democrats routine...
- while you shop contingencies, enjoy "on green dolp...
- The Ecclesiastix Gang (Jimmy Madison nostalgia hou...
- Politics of Satire“Satire is a sort of glass, wher...
- "Liberal Fascism""""Youth politics—like populism g...
- Stan da Man.
- "I shall not vote for Sen. Obama" (Christopher Hit...
- Holy Moral-Assay-Processes Batman (24/7 Stuckey's,...
- Barack Obama: I've chosen La Gran Puta de Babilon ...
- Rome vs Israel (Nietzsche, continued)Following the...
- ▼ June (11)
- ► 2007 (154)
- ► 2006 (69)
- ► 2005 (57)
- ► 2004 (28)
Hey BubbaRon: yr RFK of the Trailer Park act's about to end, cripgrrl.
Yr no RFK, anyhoo, BUbba. Yr a stuckeys manager on crack.
Is this a quote from Kant? If so, it's definitely one of the more lucid ones I've seen.
Yes. First critique I believe.
Post a Comment