Give Hillary her MI and FL delegates
"""""There’s been a lot of talk about what your campaign would do should it get to the convention. Would you commit today to honoring the agreement made earlier not to seat the Michigan and Florida delegations?
Let’s talk about the agreement. The only agreement I entered into was not to campaign in Michigan and Florida. It had nothing to do with not seating the delegates. I think that’s an important distinction. I did not campaign--
The press seems to have missed the distinction if that’s the case. The talk is that you agreed not to seat the delegation.
That’s not the case at all. I signed an agreement not to campaign in Michigan and Florida. Now, the DNC made the determination that they would not seat the delegates, but I was not party to that. I think it’s important for the DNC to ask itself, Is this really in the best interest of our eventual nominee? We do not want to be disenfranchising Michigan and Florida. We have to try to carry both of those states. I’d love to carry Texas, but it’s usually not in the electoral calculation for the Democratic nominee. Florida and Michigan are. Therefore, the people of those two states disregarded adamantly the DNC’s decision that they would not seat the delegates. They came out and voted. If they had been influenced by the DNC, despite the fact that there was very little campaigning, if any, they would have stayed home. But they wanted their voices heard. More than 2 million people came out. I mean, it was record turnout for a primary. Florida, in particular, is sensitive to being disenfranchised because of what happened to them in the last elections. I have said that I would ask my delegates to vote to seat.
So your intention is to press this issue?
Yes, it is. Yes, it is."""
Well stated, Mrs President. Contingencies Agrees (that is, the authentic Contingencies agrees).
Wednesday, May 21, 2008
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
- ► 2011 (249)
- ► 2010 (266)
- ► 2009 (184)
- Holy Hohenstaufen Batman! Frederick II (Nietzsche,...
- Max Weber on Ben Franklin ("the spirit of capitali...
- No title
- Give Hillary her MI and FL delegates """""There’s ...
- Nietzsche for Frat-boys (updated with help from Lt...
- Science: Real (EO Wilson), and Bogus (Al Gore) (...
- ah care to compare notes on that, bubba-belch
- Leviathan, Inc. (wtih DiDi Feinstone's mensch Ric...
- News from the WeirdMormon salesmen for Obama?Hey B...
- OprahocracyInteresting list on defining an Oprahcr...
- Global Warming GospelHoward Hayden, physics profes...
- Cactus Ed Abbey on muzak"Rock" is the music of sla...
- Menckenisms"I hate all sports as rabidly as a pers...
- "Slang: the grunt of the Human hog." (Bierce)McGru...
- Smackdown: TH Huxley vs. Matthew Arnold (with help...
- No title
- ▼ May (16)
- ► 2007 (154)
- ► 2006 (69)
- ► 2005 (57)
- ► 2004 (28)
I think the only fair solution (at least for Michigan, where Obama's name wasn't even on the ballot) is for a re-vote. If it's even possible, I'm saying. Oh, and, yes, not much in terms of leadership from Chairman Scream on this issue, agree?
They should just seat the FL and MI delegates for HRC, but they won't. The obama mafia is way too deep in the DNC. Dean has been a spineless POS as usual.
BOcrats bash Hillary as much as the GOPers do; in some cases, they are worse. (as with this McDirtbag's little "Hillary as Der Fuhrer" clip shows. Stalin and the KGB would be pleased).
Many HRC supporters might, after the months of abuse they have endured, move towards the sinister Commander McCain camp; or better, stick with Senor NOTA.
Post a Comment