Interesting list on defining an Oprahcrat from one Charles Rouse:
"""1. Make all sorts of baseless accusations and insinuations (accuse people of racism, misogyny, homophobia, fascism, etc), without ever referring to facts or evidence.
2. Reduce arguments to childish ad hominems, ad populus, generalizations, other logical fallacies and character defamations. Mock people's religions, political viewpoints and heritage like a drunken fratboy might. Do your best to eliminate dissent: that's the apparatchik tradition ( KGB, maoist, gestapo, etc.).
3. Avoid logic or fact-based writing, or specific points at all costs (tho,' yes, this strategy might be used by rightists as well). Rely on slang and crass, colloquial language instead of rational prose. Construct simple-minded dichotomies–an Us vs. Them situation–even where there isn't one. Villify (Bush (Pelosi, McCain etc.) is Satan!).............""""""
Tuesday, May 13, 2008
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
- ► 2011 (249)
- ► 2010 (266)
- ► 2009 (184)
- Holy Hohenstaufen Batman! Frederick II (Nietzsche,...
- Max Weber on Ben Franklin ("the spirit of capitali...
- No title
- Give Hillary her MI and FL delegates """""There’s ...
- Nietzsche for Frat-boys (updated with help from Lt...
- Science: Real (EO Wilson), and Bogus (Al Gore) (...
- ah care to compare notes on that, bubba-belch
- Leviathan, Inc. (wtih DiDi Feinstone's mensch Ric...
- News from the WeirdMormon salesmen for Obama?Hey B...
- OprahocracyInteresting list on defining an Oprahcr...
- Global Warming GospelHoward Hayden, physics profes...
- Cactus Ed Abbey on muzak"Rock" is the music of sla...
- Menckenisms"I hate all sports as rabidly as a pers...
- "Slang: the grunt of the Human hog." (Bierce)McGru...
- Smackdown: TH Huxley vs. Matthew Arnold (with help...
- No title
- ▼ May (16)
- ► 2007 (154)
- ► 2006 (69)
- ► 2005 (57)
- ► 2004 (28)
OOo Bubba quoting old HST.
Yr no HST, Nursey, and your preacher would not likely approve. You could plagiarize him tho--or, besser, use some gonzo with yr drum machine and kazooo at talent nite.
Post a Comment