Global Warming Gospel
Howard Hayden, physics professor (emeritus) at U. of Conn, offers his thoughts on AGW "hypothesis" and the Gore church:
"The hype surrounding the issue of global warming is a bunch of hot air, a retired physics professor told members of Rotary Club 43 on Monday.
"Global warming is not a problem," Howard C. Hayden said. "Go find something useful to do." Hayden is an emeritus professor of physics from the University of Connecticut and now resides in Pueblo West.
Hayden, who spoke at the Rotary Club's weekly meeting, offered a skeptical view of global warming.
"This is not a view you'll hear from Al Gore," Hayden said, prefacing his slide show presentation. ........
Jupiter Kazoo, aka the Butt-Trumpet
"Hayden claimed that much of what is being advertised about global warming issues such as the melting polar ice caps, greenhouse gases and changes in carbon dioxide levels is not factual.
"Yes, the polar ice caps are shrinking . . . on Mars," he said, "On Mars, the ice caps are melting and small hills are disappearing."
Hayden added that there is warming occurring on Jupiter, Saturn and Triton.
He said the increased carbon-dioxide levels that global-warming promoters keep talking about is nothing new. He said the levels of carbon dioxide have been rising and falling for more than 400,000 years.
"We are at the lowest levels in the last 300,000 years," he said. "During the Jurassic period, we had very high levels of carbon dioxide."
Hayden added that the majority of carbon dioxide is the result of natural sources and not to be blamed on humankind.
Worldwide, the burning of coal, oil and gas contributes to only an estimated 3 percent of the carbon-dioxide emissions, he said.
"About 97 percent of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere comes from natural sources, not humans," Hayden said."""
Ouchie! Back to those cliffsnotes for "Physics for Dixiecrats 101" courses, Al.
- ► 2011 (249)
- ► 2010 (266)
- ► 2009 (184)
- Holy Hohenstaufen Batman! Frederick II (Nietzsche,...
- Max Weber on Ben Franklin ("the spirit of capitali...
- No title
- Give Hillary her MI and FL delegates """""There’s ...
- Nietzsche for Frat-boys (updated with help from Lt...
- Science: Real (EO Wilson), and Bogus (Al Gore) (...
- ah care to compare notes on that, bubba-belch
- Leviathan, Inc. (wtih DiDi Feinstone's mensch Ric...
- News from the WeirdMormon salesmen for Obama?Hey B...
- OprahocracyInteresting list on defining an Oprahcr...
- Global Warming GospelHoward Hayden, physics profes...
- Cactus Ed Abbey on muzak"Rock" is the music of sla...
- Menckenisms"I hate all sports as rabidly as a pers...
- "Slang: the grunt of the Human hog." (Bierce)McGru...
- Smackdown: TH Huxley vs. Matthew Arnold (with help...
- No title
- ▼ May (16)
- ► 2007 (154)
- ► 2006 (69)
- ► 2005 (57)
- ► 2004 (28)